Powered by Blogger.

Sunday Blog School


I am home with a cold and just about no voice. This means no chatting on the phone or running around doing errands. It also means lots of herbal tea and slowly reading the NYTimes. It also means that I am actually spending time looking at The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating a Web Page & Blog. This book has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for a month and today seemed the perfect day to at least read a little of it.


My first goal is beautification of my blog page. I'd like something a little more fun than the standard Blogger page. I really enjoy visiting my bloggy friends and seeing the very creative things you all have done with your pages. So I'm asking for your help. If you have any very, very easy tips for page beautification I'd love to hear them.


Wishes for a wonderful spring week!


5 comments

Country Whispers said...

All are sick at my house too. (except me)
It's miserable. I wish summer would hurry up and get here. Good luck with your blog. There are so many things you can do. I've tried the free backgrounds offered and ended up going back to just changing colors, columns and I did purchase one graphic (log cabin) for .99 cents. I just wanted something that looks like & feels like me. Hope you feel better soon!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Hi dearie, when you stop by my bloggie, scroll down on the left sidebar and I have 2 links to click, one to dynamicgraphics (lots of free "scripts" to fancy up a page) and one to an excellent blog devoted to changing up Blogger templates and such with step-by-step directions.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

oops get better soon, too!

Anonymous said...

Allergies are kicking up here. Duh, this is why sore throat+coughing-fever='s not being sick.

The easiest way to decorate your blog is at cutest blog on the block. Just put all of that together and put www. in front of it, and select a background. Directions included!

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather these days. But, maybe just a little time to relax is just what the doctor ordered. :) My prayers and thoughts will be with you in hopes of getting better real soon.

I agree with Betty, thecutestblogontheblock.com is a great place to start. That is where I found my background and they have so many to choose from. This whole blogging thing is still pretty new to me and the learning curve is definitely still there about how to do a lot of the really neat things that I would like to. :) Let us know if you have any questions, we are here to help.

Hugs and blessings,
Stacey