Powered by Blogger.

I Lift up My Eyes Unto the Hills








I know the writer of Psalm 121 wasn't looking at Sedona when these words were penned, but for sheer beauty and inspiration, Sedona is as beautiful as any place on the face of this earth. It's a place that I feel in love with on my first visit three years ago.
Just about four years ago I was at a concert with my study group friends. Afterwards, while having coffee, we started taking about talking a trip together. I'd wanted to see Sedona for ages, but hadn't gotten there and proposed it. My friend Barbara was equally enthusiastic and when we both got home we immediately went to our computers. By the morning we had found a trip that looked good and sent it out to our group of friends. In February 2006 four friends joined us on a trip to Sedona and the Grand Canyon and what a great time we had.
Pene, Barbara and I got so carried away -- and this really isn't like me -- we bought time shares in Sedona. Barbara returned four or five times and I've been back once with Barbara last May. The photo at top is a picture of Barbara taken on the patio at Wildflowers, a yummy restaurant we liked very much.
No trip planned now for Sedona, but since a piece of my heart is there, I know I will be back!

7 comments

^..^Corgidogmama said...

What lovely colors!
At first I thought you were at Garden of the Gods, in Colorado.
Sedona, just got added to my bucket list. Not sure that one lifetime is enough, are you?

Mimi said...

HI!!!!
Sherry(Country wings in Phoenix) and I are going to Sedona on Friday!!! I ahve been there more times then I can count, I ahve lived in Az for almost my whole life, she has never been!!!! So we are doing alot fo fun things all crammed into one day!!!!!
love those pics!!!
Who wouldn't???
hugs,
jamie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I can see why you fell in l♥ve!

Robyn Campbell said...

Oh these pics are simply stunning. I hope to see that before I leave this world. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Another breath taking and awesome place to visit. Don't you marvel at God how he created so many different yet amazing places? I mean GA is different that New York, Alaska different than Sedona - all awesome - all different. And I think this way too - look at His art work and then at the 'things' people make. Can't hold a candle to His.

ocmist said...

That is one of my Mom's and my favorite Bible Verses, and these pictures really set it off so beautifully. I LOVE the wonderful places that God created to bless us with!

I was just noticing the other day when we went to the school swimming pool, that they had just watered their playground lawn and it lookd like someone had thrown out 1000's of little diamonds all over the grass that sparkled and shimmered like diamonds! Stopping to smell the roses, look at God's diamonds, and admire his breathtaking scenery are just a few of the blessings that keep us going! Thanks so much for sharing! Linda (From Proverbs - A Bible Study and Country Corgis)

Neabear said...

I am another one who doesn't know what the Yodels are on the cake. Can't visualize it since I don't know what they look like! LOL!