Powered by Blogger.

Haiti on My Mind and in My Prayers

This is a totally different post than my usual. But I'd be remiss not to post about Haiti. The people of Haiti have so been on my mind and in my prayers. I work with a number of people from Haiti and their immediate family members have been spared. One of my colleague's children -- a small boy and girl -- were with his family in Haiti and blessedly they are fine. Like just about everyone else I can't get the images of the photos -- and the people in the photos -- out of my mind, and I wanted to do something.

There are many organizations doing great work, but I came upon Partners in Health, via one of my colleges. I had the privilege of spending a year at Dartmouth and the President of the college has been greatly involved in this organization. I was very impressed with the work that has been done to provide health care in Haiti since 1985. Partners In Health: Haiti / Zanmi Lasante, and wanted to share it with you.

Blessings and prayers to all who are working so hard to bring aid in this tragic time.

6 comments

^..^Corgidogmama said...

We can only imagine how folks from Haiti, living in the US, must fear the outcome of family and friends there.

Debra said...

My heart is broken for the people of Haiti. I am praying that help will soon get to all that is in need. It's seems overwhelming...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are right we can not help but feel for these dear people so torn apart and devastated. I am praying help will be given to them where it is needed.

Ms Sparrow said...

How wonderful of you to publish your support. I already contributed online to Doctors Without Borders. I hope it makes a difference!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Those poor people. They were in awful shape before, and now this. It's a crying shame.

Chatty Crone said...

I feel for these people - they have nothing - now they have less than that! sandie