Powered by Blogger.

It's a Buttercup Holiday

to Spring
We can hardly wait until you are here!



Had a dreary day at work, which included a melt down on the phone. Luckily I was speaking with a favorite colleague who talked me off the proverbial ledge. The day got a little better, but big clouds hung over me. We've got a very big project going on -- finished on March 5 -- that I am dreading. The last time we did something of this magnitude I broke out in hives, which I do very rarely, and only under great stress.

What's a girl to do when faced with a hive producing situation? When you've got your own country as I do the best solution is to declare a holiday! I hereby declare the last hour of February 17 and the first 23 hours of February 18 as "Welcome to Spring Day." This day shall be celebrated throughout all parts of Buttercupland and in blogs with reciprocal diplomatic privileges. Get going, my dear ambassadors. We've got a season to get ready for!

8 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm ready to Welcome Spring for sure. It is coming...

Roxie said...

I'm with you. I'm so ready for spring! Here's hoping I can take a bike ride this weekend.

Ladybird said...

Hi Buttercup, how are you? I love your blog, where do you get your backgrounds? I just love them. Hope you are well.

Unknown said...

Broke out in hives? Well, now we know you are full of honey ...

Nope! Can't push that spring thing until March 20th ... I want every single day of each season to treasure AND I am in heaven with all those gorgeous snow. More coming in this weekend again.
Yesterday we had a full day of gentle sweet flakes falling just coating & freshening things up ... it was wonderful.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs ~ Marydon

^..^Corgidogmama said...

I'm thinking that a good dose of chocolate or a creamy piece of pie is in high order. No calories allowed in Buttercupland, so it's the only way to go~!

Chatty Crone said...

I want you to go to my blog today and take the Prolific Writer Award - I love your blog, the way you care about people, and your happy stories. Let me know if you take it. Sandie

Ms Sparrow said...

I'm happily retired but I suffered terrible work stress. I love your idea of declaring a holiday.
I hope you had a nice, relaxing day!

Unknown said...

G'morn, sweetie ~ I am sorry yesterday was so hard for you ... may you find peace & your Father's soul be blessed as he sits with Jesus.

Today is a beautiful day ...
Hugs of love, Marydon