Powered by Blogger.

It's Always Breakfast Time Somewhere

I love breakfast and could happily eat breakfast foods for three meals a day. In a parallel universe I would do this and my choices wouldn't be simple and light. I'd choose French toast, awash in syrup and big omelets with a side of breakfast meats and fried potatoes. My breakfast in real life is humbler and generally consists of yogurt (fat free) with fruit or a simple scrambled egg and a bagel for a splurge. In the parallel breakfast universe I'd have a cup of cafe au lait and in real life it's usually a cup of decaf with skim milk

During our trip to Maryland last week we stopped at Marydon and Harold's favorite breakfast spot and had a terrific breakfast. I borrowed from the parallel universe had potatoes with my eggs and a biscuit, and it was delicious.

Since it's always breakfast time somewhere I'd love to get any new ideas for breakfast treats, either simple or splurges. What are favorite foods and favorite places where you like to have breakfast? I'll be photographing my favorite places in the weeks to come to share, because it's always breakfast time somewhere.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

14 comments

Sheilagh said...

My favourite breakfast at the moment is:

Cheerios
Museli
Rasberries
Blueberries
Mullerlight Vanilla Yougurt
Delicious

I will look forward to your photo's with great interest:o)

Hugs

Sheilagh

k and c's mom said...

Love the new look on your blog!
#1: Gingerbread Pancakes!
(from a restaurant so I don't have to make them...)

Jemi Fraser said...

Great new look for the blog :)

Homemade banana bread! And raspberries!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Anything by Cracker Barrel, oatmeal with raisens and brown sugar, crisp bacon and a pot of delish coffee. It's the best meal to eat out...early in the morning when people are still sleepy and order with one eye open. The coffee and mild buzz around them, helps wake them up.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love it all I'm afraid and I do eat breakfast for dinner a lot. When I was working, a bowl of cereal with bananas always hit the spot in the evening. I often microwave my scrambled egg and put it on an English muffin. When I make pancakes I do a full batch and then put leftovers in the freezer for use later. It's not easy cooking for one.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I popped over from Jemi's blog and am now following. Your blog is adorable. My #1 favorite breakfast is german pancakes with lingonberry butter and powdered sugar. :-)

Jess said...

Love the new look! Just FYI, I can no longer see the photos on your blog in Google Reader. Any chance you changed a setting?

Sybil said...

Well as I LOVE food period it is hard to decide what my Fav breakfast woudl be. as a Scot. Porridge made with pinhead oatmeal and served with salt...not sugar !...is a sure fav. as is the usual bacon and eggs with perhaps hash browns and baked beans....toast and vegimite...actually other than the porridge and I don't have that every day it's usually just toast and a cup of tea !! This has made me hungry so I am away to have some rice crispies for supper !!
Love Sybil xx

Chatty Crone said...

We have a Christopher's here that's yummy for breakfast.

I like your new blog and switching sides for a change too.

Love,
sandie

Unknown said...

G'day, Lilac Lane ~

We had breakfast at Trout's this AM & chattered about you & the other gals ... it is all quiet here now, sniff! Miss you both ... it was such a grand time.

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~ Hugs in love, Marydon

Ladybird said...

Love this blog and I am trying these recipes. Thanks so much!

Ms Sparrow said...

One of my favorites is a veggie omelet with salsa. A Twin Cities chain called Keys serves a Minnesota omelet that is wonderful--it contains broccoli, wild rice and turkey topped with swiss cheese. Delicious!

Andrea said...

I love omelets full of yummy veggies: spinach, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc. Don't forget to add the cheese.

Hugs, andrea

Mimi said...

Hi Buttercup!!!!
I too love breakfast!!!
Found a Great new place called Hoosier Cafe, just a sweet mom and pop kind of place, but very good home cooked meals!!!!
My fav place to go for Breakfst out is either MIMI'S CAFE ( my son in law is the manager) not named after me, it is a chain type place
love the pancakes toppled with fresh strawberries and whip cream, nothing else!!!!
Love that!!!!
Breakfst for me is usually yogurt, a banana or a muffin, when Hubby makes me breakfast it is an egg over medium, and real hashbrowns!!!!
love it!!!
Hugs to you sweetie,
jamie