Powered by Blogger.

Nine Years Later...




My first thought this morning is sadness. My heart remembers the thousands who died just a few blocks down the street from where I worked that on that most beautiful late summer morning, and their friends, family and city that will always grieve for them. I think, too, of those at the Pentagon and on the planes that day and their families and friends.

My second thought is gratitude. I am profoundly grateful for the tens of thousands of people who reached out to New York City in the awful days following September 11, 2001. My appreciation for all your efforts meant to us goes very deep. As ever, thank you.

And lastly, thank you all, across the world, for continuing to remember.

11 comments

Anonymous said...

I wrote about this too this morning....9 years...makes me shudder...

~Kristen~ said...

It's hard to believe it's been 9 years isn't it?

Jane said...

It is hard to believe that 9 years have passed.

Jane

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I don't think that any one could forget the horror of that moment. It was uplifting though to see how people united to help. The love and help that came from around the world was amazing.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Buttercup Sweetie...
I woke up thinking and praying for all Americans today, but especially for you being there in NYC. Your lives all changed forever. I imagine it will never be the same without the Twin Towers.

I have never been to NY, but everyone that I have spoke to about it, said there was nothing so exciting as eating at the resturaunt at the top of the Twin Towers, that it was just beautiful.

I imagine Lady Liberty is watching extra close today as we go into another year passed. My prayers and love go out to you today sweet friend.

Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

Melinda said...

Blessing to all on this day of rememberance.
It seemed sooo far away--here in Kansas.


Melinda

Bernie said...

God Bless you and your beautiful country. I remember this date and will forever.....Big Hugs from Canada....:-)

~Kristen~ said...

Hey Buttercup! Just wanted to pop on again and give you an extra big thank you for your donation. Good luck with your walk today; praying for good, clear, warm (but not too hot) weather for you :-)

Nancy M. said...

It's hard to believe it's been that long! I can't imagine the feelings being right there in the city.

Chatty Crone said...

And you were right there in the mist of it. Whew.

sandie

Debra said...

My heart still breaks for the families and friends of those who lost their lives on that day. God bless and help them.