Powered by Blogger.

Up, Up and Away!

I am happy to report that I've ordered "Buttercup" business cards. Once I got going I added stickers and address labels with the same design. I expect them to arrive at the end of next week and I am excited. This is a concrete step in moving to the next phase of my life. Having a plan -- and acting on it -- definitely makes tough moments at work a lot easier to deal with.

For those of you who have retired or are considering retirement what plans did you put in place before retiring? I've been thinking of the financial and health insurance issues for years. But I've only recently begun thinking about the emotional issues. Since 1973 the primary focus of almost every week day has been working. I've been blessed with some great professional situations and that may continue in the next phase, too, but I want to think about things that make me happy that do not necessarily focus on work.

I let my mind float free for things I like to do and the answers weren't the things that have been the mainstay of my professional life for the last ever...blogging, travel, reading, long city walks, intercessory prayer and of course time spent with friends and family.  

There will be lots more to write on this topic and I am so glad that all of you will be on the journey forward with me. 

4 comments

Mevely317 said...

Whoo-hoooo and hurray!
I can't wait to witness the next chapter!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It was a big step deciding to retire for me, but after much consideration, I feel it's one of the best decisions I every made. I am enjoying those things like friends and family times together, rest and relaxation and prayer too. It took me the whole of summer last year just to recuperate from all the years of working, but now each day is a joy! I know you'll love it.

Chatty Crone said...

My husband turns 65 in November - what insurance are you doing??

Lynda said...

I am looking forward to seeing your business card design.
Retirement - - -financial issues, of course. We don't have to worry about the medical yet but will be something we will look at within five years.
Emotional - - - everyone says we will miss work but there is too much to do right now. First will be some lazy weeks. Then we will tackle projects at home. Volunteer work will factor in - - but maybe not at first. I don't want to make a time commitment in the beginning. I do think I want to help in schools - - - listening to children read and coaching the slower ones - - - IF my hearing is okay at that point.