Powered by Blogger.

Do You Have a Favorite Psalm?


Source: joyshope.com via Jenni on Pinterest


I love to read Psalms and Psalm 126 -- one of the songs of ascent -- is perhaps my favorite. I'm not sure if it's my absolute favorite, but it is the first Psalm I turn to when I open my bible. And this verse is my favorite verse of the Psalm. Initially I didn't think there would be much on pinterest and sort of idly typed in psalms and then got pages of beautiful quotes, including this one. I'm going to spend more time looking at quotes and know a board of Psalms would be a wonderful project to put together.

Do you have a psalm that is especially meaningful to your or your family? For one of my colleagues, it is Psalm 30. He and his wife are so devoted to it that they named their daughter, Tehillah, which is Hebrew for Psalm. So look forward to your sharing!

8 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Psalm 37:4 is my favorite. Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. I even did a short Bible study on that particular Psalm recently and it now means more than ever. Great idea! Now I'll have to read yours. Have a wonderful evening.

Anonymous said...

Hello dear friend and I hope you have had a good day. Psalm 1 is special to me since my prayer shawl gift was based on it.

Anonymous said...

Hello dear friend and I hope you have had a good day. Psalm 1 is special to me since my prayer shawl gift was based on it.

TARYTERRE said...

Hope you are feeling better and having a GOOD day. Recovery takes time. I never gave much thought to my FAVORITE Psalm before. But I do like 39:3. While I was musing the fire burned. Then I spoke with my tongue.

Nadwrażliwiec said...

I really enjoy Psalm 4, Psalm 23, Psalm 51 and Psalm 127. They comfort me every time, when I'm sad.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thank you for your kind words and prayers for Colorado, Carol! I have not been able to sleep for two days as I am worrying so much that the fires don't reach the Denver area.

Nellie said...

Oh, this is a difficult one! I have many favorites, but I suppose the Twenty-third Psalm is the most familiar for me.

Catherine said...

The Pslams fill me with courage and faith. Blessings dear. Catherine xo