Powered by Blogger.

Introducing Angel

I really like dogs -- whether it's in real life or movies and books. Lady, my friend Lonni's dog and my cousin Rachel's fun pups, Sasha and Dudley, always make me smile. And I can't count the hours of enjoyment watching "Lassie" and "Rin Tin Tin." Many a snowy winter day was made better with time spent with these two favorites.

I've added a new canine friend to my list, Angel. I had the good fortune of meeting Martin P. Levin at BookExpo America. Mr. Levin is Angel's friend and the person she tells her story to in "Letters from Angel."
Angel tells her story of shelter to loving home in this sweet and totally charming set of letters. I smiled, laughed and shed some tears. I especially enjoyed the illustrations. Angel's story is a heart-warming read that was over much too quickly. Thanks, Angel, for sharing your story with us!

Disclosure: I received no compensation for this review, other than a copy of the book for reviewing.


9 comments

Terra said...

This book, and Angel, sound charming.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've always loved dogs and think they can teach us some valuable lessons. Hope your Friday is a fantastic one!

Theresa said...

Looks like a precious book and an Angel of a pup! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Maggid said...

Thanks, Buttercup - for introducing Angel to us . . .
love & love,
-g-

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sounds like a book that warms the heart :)

Ms Sparrow said...

That is my kind of book! Thanks for the recommendation.

Teacherfish said...

Did you read Art of Racing in the Rain? Also written from a dog's point of view

Sounds like your getting back up to speed.

TARYTERRE said...

I read a couple blogs from a dog's point of view. ALWAYS makes you smile. Angel sounds like a sweetie.

Amrita said...

Hi Buttercup, I would love to read this bok