Powered by Blogger.

Capturing December...Joyous

I'm still four for four. I'm even for four for four with my December photos, though I am posting December 4 technically 47 minutes late. The theme for December 4 is "Joyous' and I think the most joyous events are those days we welcome babies. This gives me the opportunity to share a few pictures from sweet Amanda's baby shower on Saturday.

 Our guest of honor. I've known her for over fifteen years, through sweet sixteen, college, marriage and now awaiting motherhood.  

The shower had a  "sea" theme -- to match the nursery motif. The cake graced the candy bar. 

He's going to be a well-dressed baby. We were asked to wrap everything in clear gift wrap and it was great. We got to see all of the gifts. Is there anything cuter than baby clothes? 

What a happy day of joyous celebration!

10 comments

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

I like the cake - very cute! And what a fun idea to have all the gifts in clear wrapping. I hope all goes well for her with the baby.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely mom-to-be. That cake is awesome!

The Cranky said...

A joyous celebration indeed, and I love the cake!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Babies are JOYOUS for sure. My 18th grandchild just came home from the hospital yesterday and I'm going to visit her today! I am a joy filled grand'ma' here. Congrats to your friend on her baby!

Theresa said...

Nothing sweeter than welcoming a little one! WHAT A GREAT idea to wrap everything in clear wrapping! Easy/peasy to see without having to open:) Love it! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Paula said...

How sweet! And that cake!

Grammy Staffy said...

What a lovely shower. When is the wee one due to arrive? I've been having some new health problems.... I hope you are doing well. hugs, Lura

Nellie said...

What a clever theme! And gifts in clear gift wrap! Such great ideas! Yes, I will agree. This was truly a joyous occasion!

Ms Sparrow said...

What a great idea to wrap everything in clear wrap! It keeps the gifts intact but everybody can share.

Pam said...

The mom-to-be looks pretty and happy. And it sounds like the little guy will be all decked out. Someone did a fantastic job on the cake and all!