Powered by Blogger.

One Last Song for Christmas

Though Hurricane Sandy recovery slowed me down I got to have lots of Christmas experiences this year...the aroma of pines on Broadway, the Tree at Rockefeller Center, Macy's, a day of fun and celebration with my friends in Brooklyn and holiday festivities with my colleagues. I also visited the shopping mall in Queens, the Queens Center and heard the Columbia University a cappella group, "Notes and Keys." They were there to celebrate the Blu-ray/DVD release of the fun movie, "Pitch Perfect," a sweet and funny movie about a college singing group. I had the added fun of meeting Teacherfish after the performance for coffee and apple strudel.

The Christmas Tree at the Queens Center

The very talented "Notes and Keys"

An enthusiastic audience enjoyed the show

I had a very enjoyable Sunday. I saw "Lincoln," and I am one of those who are giving it a rave review. Even though I knew the story I was still enthralled. It featured some of my favorite actors, especially David Strathairn, who I just saw in the Broadway version of "The Heiress." I ended my gadding about town by getting a vaccination against shingles. I have been putting this off for months, and finally can cross this off my list of things to do, which feels very good. 

I'm now settling in for a quiet evening of reading and television, all cozy while I listen to the wind outside. Once again I send you...

Wishes for a snug and cozy evening!

9 comments

Maggid said...

Happiest (and much improved) New Year Ever!!!
love & love,
-g-

Nellie said...

What a lovely time you had with all these wonderful holiday activities!

Thank you for your visits to my little blog.

I send you wishes for a Happy New Year!

Melinda said...

Sounds like great fun!
We are currently waiting for a
New Year's Eve winter storm!

Happy New Year!

M :)

It's me said...

Een heel goed en vooral gezond 2013 !!!.......

Bedankt voor je liefde en vriendschap van het afgelopen jaar......

Ik ben zo blij met je !!......

Liefs van mij....xxx..



★ ┊    ★ ┊┊   ★ ┊  ★ ┊    
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊ ┊     ★┊  
  ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ★ ┊ ★ ┊
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊ ☆ ☆ 
☆┊   ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊ ☆   
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊★┊ ★
☆┊ ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ☆



A very good and healthy 2013 !!!......

Thank you for your love and friendship over the past year........

I'm so happy with you !!..........

Love from me....xxx...

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing so much of your New York Christmas with us!

Theresa said...

You are sure having a great time up there! Wish I was there to see the sights with you:) Have a blessed New Year's Eve dear friend! BIG HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I always love seeing the pictures of your sights there. I hope your New Years Eve is a safe and happy one!

Ms Sparrow said...

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed "Lincoln". I've been looking forward to seeing it.

Susie said...

Sweet Buttercup, I wish you a wonderful new year filled with good health and much happiness. I have truly enjoyed visiting your blog. You keep me in touch with NYC, which I love. Thank you. xoxo,Susie