Powered by Blogger.

Please Meet Don Key-hoe-tea!

Pepe welcomes Don-Key-hoe-tea to the Buttercupland Editorial Board

As I wrote yesterday D.K. has a literary bent. He's not Mr. Darcy -- I still have "Pride and Prejudice" in my thoughts -- but he has adopted the name of another great figure in literature, Don Quixote, with a slight variation in spelling. I have to thank the delightful Miss Lynda,for the great suggestion. There were many good ones, but the voters, my colleagues Mike and Patricia (and Pepe!) were taken by the use of the initials, D.K., and the literary reference. I thank everyone who contributed names and wish I had prizes to send to all. Because of a book windfall, the award for naming DK is a book, "A Piece of My Heart." Lynda, I'll be sending this to you at the end of the week. 

Please excuse the photo quality. I had trouble loading pictures from my camera and this is from my phone. Unfortunately Miss Kitty Cat, aka Dulcinea Kat, was cut off, but I promise a photo of Don Key-hoe-tea and Dulcinea soon. 

Sweet dreams from Don Key-ho-tea, Pepe and me! 

15 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Great choice ! I think DK's new name suits him to a tee.

Keetha Broyles said...

Great name! Just perfect.

Theresa said...

Well, that is perfect for DK:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Mevely317 said...

How clever is that? I'll bet "Don" is pleased as punch! :)
Wishing you a super day!

Patty Sumner said...

Way to cute! Love the new name and the creative spelling.. Blessings and enjoy!

Pam said...

Very clever!!! I love your background too! Very with it!

Unknown said...

Good choice :)

Grammy Staffy said...

What a perfect name for DK. So clever.
I've not heard from you for a while. I miss you. I wish you could come on our Alaskan land tour/cruise with us. We are really excited to get such a good deal through Princess.

I've finally got that darn nasty cold that is going around. I tried to be so careful when John and my grandkids got it but it caught up with me last week. Maybe I'll live though.Haha
Happy Reading. Hugs, Lura

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! What a fantastic name! hahaha I love it.
Always fun stopping by your page, Carol.
XOXO's

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

So funny! glad I came by today.
Thanks for your great advice about my big decision to make. I really appreciate you coming by and I always love hearing from you.
Love
Maggie

Susie said...

Buttercup, Love little monkey's new name. So clever. Hope you are dry and warm. I saw where the rain/storms were heading east after it went thru the midwest. Now our temps have dropped and we are in for some snow. Come on sweet Springtime. :):)xoxo,Susie

Ms Sparrow said...

I love your contests. I look forward to the next one.

Melinda said...

Welcome to blogland D K!

Way to funny!

M :)

Nellie said...

Love that name! Good work, Lynda!

Lynda said...

THANKS!!! I just now saw this because we switched internet providers and have been without - - - for two days! My, we do get dependent on our electronics, don't we? I felt like I was cut off from the rest of the world.