Powered by Blogger.

It's a Great Day for a Visit to the Buttercupland Fair...Blossom Time Creations

Today I am happy to feature a talented artist and a sweet blog friend, Marie, who blogs at the delightful, The English Kitchen. Marie's talents are wide-ranging and she is also a gifted artist. Her Etsy shop, Blossom Time Creations, was a major part of my Christmas shopping last year. My friend K, was a recipient of one of Marie's prints and I so enjoyed seeing it in K's kitchen when I visited this summer.

I think at times we can be put off at the thought of buying art, especially as a gift. But Marie's work is affordable and delightful. There are a number of pieces with inspirational and Biblical quotes that would make lovely gifts at the Christmas season and throughout the year.

This is one of my favorite quotes from Psalms. Wouldn't it make a lovely addition to a bedroom or hallway?

Loving all things Paris, I was very taken with Marie's Parisian buildings. This pretty bakery was a gift to my friend, Mary, and it hangs in her kitchen now. 

  

I am thinking about this lovely print for a very sweet friend who is decorating her apartment. I can see it on one wall of her kitchen. It's such a pretty and cheerful print. 

This would also make a sweet shower or birthday present. 

It's difficult to choose from among Marie's treasures. One evening in the not so distant future, I'm going to make myself a cup of tea and settle down to choose my gifts for 2013 from Blossom Time Creations. No crowds, no pushing and shoving, just art created by a friend. That's my idea of fun shopping. 

I've just been trying to remember how I found Marie's blog. I can't remember at all, but I am so grateful. 

I'm loving my relaxed pace. I spent the afternoon at the library working on one of my projects and reading "New York" magazine. That's one of my new treats. I save on the cost of the magazine and there's less clutter in my apartment. I, then, am happy to report, walked home from the library. It's only nine blocks, but it's the furthest I've walked in awhile. My goal is to build up my endurance before it starts to get really cold, or heaven forbid, snow. 

Please stop back tomorrow for Random 5 Friday fun. As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care of yourself. 

12 comments

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Carol, I am now following you on google + and thanks for following me too, I appreciate it and look forward to becoming friends neighbor. Thanks also for your sweet comment on the meatloaf! I love making meatloaf when the colder weather arrives! Take care.
Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Terra said...

Oh Carol, girlfriend, I am proud of you for walking nine blocks, considering your foot situation. I like those prints a lot and will now scoot over to visit the artist's blog and store.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVELY gifts. I LOVE the first one.

Maggid said...

Excellent gifts, and, i really like your shopping style.

I know what you mean about an improved walking distance.

love & love to you!

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks so much for you very kind words Carol! I think I met you via Lura! You and she had met in person in California and she told me about you and how nice you were. The rest is history! I will try to get that photo to you later today. It's on my other computer. I have not yet switched all of my artwork to the new computer, so I end up using both. I know I am procrastinating, but it is such a huge body of work! I need to build up my own endurance when it comes to walking. I am such a wimp when it comes to pain, but I do myself no favours by giving in to it I know! xxoo

Theresa said...

I love her creations! I am going to visit her blog! Enjoy your restful day dear friend, STAY WARM! HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm very familiar with Marie's art as I follow her blog. She is also a great cook and shares some wonderful recipes too. I've not done as much walking as I used to but it seems I don't have the stamina I used to either. Take care and don't overdo it too soon.

Kerin said...

Your friend Marie is very talented.
Thanks for bringing her and her artwork to our attention.

Take care of you, and be careful with that foot.

Happy weekend, my friend.

Kerin

Stephanie said...

Marie is very talented! I just love the first one :) Thinking of you, friend, and have a great weekend. Hugs!

Paula said...

What sweet prints! I love her style.

I wish I was there to walk those nine blocks with you - I love walking in a new city!

Nellie said...

I certainly love these examples of Marie's creativity you have shared today, Buttercup!

Susie said...

Buttercup, Those art pieces are very nice. I have some from our local artists. If I lived near by, I'd meet up and walk with you. Enjoy your weekend. Stay warm...it was 28 degrees here this morning.xoxo,Susie