Powered by Blogger.

No Snow Sunlit Sunday

Though today was a cloudy day I was delighted that there was no snow. Actually it was moderately warm -- 40 degrees -- and even leaving my gloves home wasn't a problem. I was able to make my way to the Javits Center where the NY Times Travel Show was taking place, stop for a cup of coffee and do some last minute grocery shopping without wading through snow. I will take that as a cup of sunlight.

The Travel Show was fun and I enjoyed talking with the exhibitors. There were a number of booths from Canada and it reminded me of my goal of seeing all of the Canadian Provinces and Territories. I've got quite a way to go, but I collected a lot of brochures to study.

I had fun watching a cooking demonstration of New Orleans food -- bananas foster -- and enjoyed seeing this beautiful sand castle at the Atlantic City exhibition.


I've been photographing patterns lately and the Javits Center was a wonderful place to take more pictures.

  I like the structure of the building framing the New York skyline looking north. 

The ceiling of the Javits Center

This isn't a pattern, but this was the scene when I left the building. I'm looking east and the Empire State Building and a lone seagull greet me. 

On a different note March 2 holds many memories for me.My father would have been 97 today and my parents were married on my father's birthday in 1947. 

You're always in my heart.

Stop by and join the group at Sunlit Sunday. It's a great group of bloggers.

As always, thanks so much for visiting. Take good care and have a cozy Monday!

7 comments

Sola Scriptura said...

Your photos are always so interesting! I always enjoy visiting your blog :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you were able to enjoy a snow free Sunday! We have a few more inches added as of Sunday morning. Hope the new week ahead is a wonderful one for you.

TARYTERRE said...

Love the sand sculpture. Beautiful memories of your parents, indeed.

My Little Home and Garden said...

I'm intrigued by your goal of visiting all of Canada's provinces and territories. Have fun in your explorations of this vast geographical area.

The sand castle is beautiful and the cooking demonstration would have been interesting to watch, even better if one could have a sample!

Enjoy your week.

Karen

Dee said...

Dear Carol, like you, I'd like to visit the provinces of Canada. I've never even been to Toronto, Quebec, or Vancouver.

I'll be thinking of you tonight. I've joined a Wine and Dine book club that met for the first time in February. Tonight will be our second meeting. It was started by a transplant from New York City--Suzanne--who was part of a Wine and Dine book club there and enjoyed it so much that she wanted to start one here.

So I think of the club as "a New York thing"!!!!! And you come to mind as a New Yorker! Peace.

Susie said...

I love the skyline of NYC. Glad you have a fun day out. Your photo is touching. Blessings, xoxoxo,Susie

Angela said...

I love the grid patterns- such a nice idea to be 'capturing' patterns!