Powered by Blogger.

Ooh La La! Time for "Say It With Words"

It's not often -- if ever -- that I get to correspond with one of my favorite artists. I've got a number of favorite artists, many of whom go back centuries. I will never meet Giotto or Renoir. I can only enjoy their work and read about their lives. But it's different with Marie Rayner, another favorite artist. I can not only enjoy her work, I can read her blog, "The English Kitchen," enjoy her Facebook page and live with her art.

One of my favorite works by Marie.  

I was delighted to discover that Ooh La La Creations has put together a CD Rom of Marie's artwork called "Say It With Words" for all of us who enjoy crafts. There are over 700 sheets to print out to create our own Marie inspired cards, envelopes, boxes and even a calendar. Ooh La La is a British website, but with an order of approximately eleven dollars they will ship for free all over the world. I've never tried using a craft CD, but this really looks like a great way to create fabulous cards and gift tags. There were a number of other fun craft ideas on the Ooh La La site, but for now my heart, printer, scissor and glue stick are with Marie.    

I have BlogWorld to thank for my friendship with Marie. From a comment on one blog to a comment on another blog to Facebook to friendship. It's amazing how blogging works and the wonderful connections that are made all over the world. 

I'm gradually checking off my pre-vacation list. I think of myself as relatively organized, but there seem to be so many almost last minute errands. Of course some things couldn't be done too far ahead, but there are lots of things to finish up. Tomorrow I return my not-overdue library books and have a mini-reunion lunch with work friends. I am also planning to look for a dressy outfit for the two dress up nights on the ship. I'm thinking of going for something long and summery and Macy's just may have put most of their summer things on sale. Even if I don't find anything I think it will be fun to look. 

Please stop by tomorrow for a sweet Foodie Friday. I think you'll enjoy it. 

As ever thanks for visiting. Take good care and happy reading. 

8 comments

Anonymous said...

Marie's art is wonderful; thanks for the links.

I know you will have fun shopping tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Have a good night.

Marie Rayner said...

Carol, thank you so very much for your friendship. You are a treasure to me. I love the blogging world. I think you meet the nicest kindest people in it. At least that has been my experience. I think I met you via Lura, whom as you know, is one of the sweetest gals ever! I remember her posting about meeting you in person in Cal. and I followed her link back to your blog. The rest is history! Thanks so much for your kind words re my artwork, etc. I do love what I do and it makes me happy when other people do too! xxoo

Sola Scriptura said...

I really like her artwork! What a great find. I hope all goes well with your pre-holiday to-do list. I'm sure you're going to have a trip of a lifetime!

Theresa said...

Love that image:) Enjoy your day my friend, BIG HUGS!

TARYTERRE said...

Have fun shopping.

Kerin said...

Thanks for sharing this with us.
I'm not familiar with this artist or her works, and I'm anxious to find out more.

Happy shopping and best of luck finding just the right outfit for your trip :)

K.

Pam said...

Great artwork! It amazes me how creative people are. Have fun shopping; I was just at Macy's a couple of days ago and some great summer clothes on sale. Have a fun trip! By the way, I love your header, summery colors!

Melinda said...

Very fun.

Hope you find a pretty
for your trip.

M : )