Powered by Blogger.

Farmer Appreciation Week Foodie Friday and Four Winners

Thank you, farmers and farm families. 

My walk from the subway to my gym takes me past both Lincoln Center and a local farmer's market. The market is set up across from Lincoln Center several times a week and the produce is amazing. Even though I live in the center of the densest urban area in the country there are fabulous farm fresh fruits and vegetables just a mile from my house. I know this doesn't happen by magic, but rather by the hard work of the farmers of New York and New Jersey. This summer I've made every effort to buy local produce and the effort has been so worthwhile. My favorite fruit has been the actually ripe peaches that have been the glory of the summer. They are every bit as good as the peaches I remember from childhood, sweet and so juicy. 



 I was delighted to find the first apples of the season. I did hold off buying them, and instead chose a selection of sweet plums and donut peaches. Plums and peaches have a shorter season and I've got the entire fall to enjoy apples. 

I'm a day late, but happy to announce the four winners of the Sonic coupons. They are TracyAnne, Kelly and Carol Sue. I will email the winners in the next day. I so appreciate everyone who stopped by and shared their favorite flavors, and as always wish I had more coupons to give away. Happy there will be sweet times all over the country. Thank you, Sonic and my buddy, Madison. 

We've had great weather and I have been outside enjoying the lack of humidity and moderate summer temperatures. I've had two ten thousand step days in a row and it is a treat to be out and walking.   

As always thanks for visiting, take good care and have a great weekend. 


Please note: The coupons have been provided by Sonic, but the opinions are all mine. 

15 comments

TARYTERRE said...

Congrats to the winners. Enjoy. Those fresh peaches and plums sound delicious. I love nectarines.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Carol, I love the farmers market at union square too. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed there because there is just too many booths and then I can't decide what I want to buy because it all looks so good. My family loves the donut peaches too. Have a wonderful weekend.
Julie

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying fresh fruit this summer too. Glad you are able to be out and walking. Have a nice day.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I got a chance to visit a farmers market this week. I was blessed to have some of the best tasting peaches I think I've ever had. It's a wonderful time of year for fresh veggies and fruits ! Hope you have a super Saturday!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

How I love the summer and all the local fresh produce it brings.

Kerin said...

It's nice that you have a wonderful farm stand to buy fresh produce from!

I'm so glad that you are able to get out and walk once more..... certainly is a blessing.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congrats to your winners! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! It's raining here...but that's nice, too! Hugs!

Sola Scriptura said...

Indeed, we have a lot to thank the farmers for. I often think of the hard working farmers when we drive past the many fields of crops outside the city. Bless them!

Patty Sumner said...

Thank you to all our Farmers.. not an easy job1 I have had the blessing of enjoying some wonderful veggies from a wonderful farming couple in our bibles study group.. I have canned fresh green beans, salsa and spaghetti sauce. Its going to taste good this Winter.. I love a good Farmers Market too. I hope next year to have enough time to do my own garden. Congrats to the winners. Have a great weekend.. Blessings!

Theresa said...

I am SO thankful to have fresh veggies from the garden and fresh fruit at a local fruit stand:) YUM in the best way! Enjoy your weekend dear Carol, HUGS!

P.S. congrats to the lucky winners:)

Susie said...

Buttercup, So glad you have a farmer's market in the big city too. Those apples sure do look good. It does amaze me that is so close to Lincoln Center. Blessings for a Beautiful Sunday. xoxo,Susie

Ann said...

Farmers Markets are such a great place to buy from local growers. I think its so important to support them. Your peaches sound so yummy.
Ann

Ann said...

Farmers Markets are such a great place to buy from local growers. I think its so important to support them. Your peaches sound so yummy.
Ann

Annesphamily said...

Trying to get back to normal from our road trip! Whew...it was quick! I am smiling about the win! My nieces Karla and Holly worked at Sonic along with Karla's daughter Katelin. My girls Rebekah and Hannah worked there during high school and college. Rebekah left there this past year having been there nearly 9 1/2 years. She she have owned her own store! HaHaHa! We still stop by Sonic because they offer great specials. One day in May before school gets out they have a 50 cent corn dog event! All you can purchase for 50 cents a piece! LOL! I am happy to be a winner! Thank you so much! HUgs, Anne

Tracy said...

Did you send the email yet? I haven't seen it and am afraid it is stuck in my huge junk mailbox.