Powered by Blogger.

A Breath of Spring Sunlit Sunday


I was all set for a longer post filled with photographs for Sunlit Sunday. But Blogger is once again very uncooperative in letting me enlarge pictures and I've had a very full night watching the Super Bowl. I do believe that this picture in front of one of my favorite neighborhood florists perfectly captures what brought sunshine to me this Sunday. I can't think of a more welcome sight for those of us who are weary of winter than these flowers. I didn't buy anything, but I think a return trip later this week needs to be on my schedule.

Now it's snowing and we're promised more of a storm than we had last week. I spent the day with my friend Mary and we saw a movie, had lunch and enjoyed a long walk, where we found these flowers. It was relatively warm out and I could hear my mother's voice pushing me out the door, encouraging me to get "some fresh air."

There may be snow, but there will also be lots of fun in Buttercupland tomorrow. I hope you will  stop by for Monkey Monday and to find out the winner of the GrowYour Blog Party giveaway.

As always, thanks for visiting and keep warm and cozy!

9 comments

TARYTERRE said...

After the snow and ice we've had here those flowers are a welcome sight indeed. Very pretty. Yellow reminds me of sunshine too. Sounds like you had a lovely day with your friend. Hope the snow you are expecting doesn't put a damper on any of your future plans. Stay warm.

Sola Scriptura said...

It looks miserable and cold outside today. So thank you for the pretty picture of spring flowers, it's brightened my morning.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your picture of the spring flowers is definitely a day brighter for me. We had a terrible winter snow storm here this past weekend, Maybe that is what is headed your way.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Flowers are always so welcome. Enjoy your week my friend! Stay warm. Hugs, Diane

Susie said...

Buttercup, I love your pretty flowers. Also your mom saying "get some fresh air". So nice you had a fun time with a friend. I know you are in for a rough weather today, please be careful. xoxo,Susie

Unknown said...

I am a day late getting here, but hope you enjoyed the game, and will stay warm and safe this Monday.

Pam said...

Great game! If the Bears can't win then I'm all for NE! :-) The flowers are very pretty and sunny looking, very white here.

Nellie said...

We have even had snow showers here today, Buttercup! In the South! And - it's very cold, too. Hope you are keeping warm!

Saleslady371 said...

Sounds like a fun day. Lovely photo. I have trouble loading my larger photos in Blogger too and my photos seem small to me on my blog. Oh well..."it is what it is!"