Powered by Blogger.

Better in the Bahamas

I'm sitting on the deck of the Norwegian Sky, shaded from the bright tropical sun. The first photo is the view of Miami harbor as the ship pulled out last night. It was drizzling, but there was still a beautiful flash of sun in the distance. The second photo is the view as the Sky pulled into the harbor in Nassau, Bahamas.

The jingle "It's better in the Bahamas" floats through my mind. I can't say that it's better in the Bahamas yet. I haven't left the ship. But the air is warm and the breeze is delightful. I've got a quiet table to sit at and drink my coffee, write a blog post and be grateful for friends, sunshine and the day past and the day ahead. I can't ask for more.

Wishes for a day with of sun, friends and quiet moments.


14 comments

Terra said...

I look forward to hearing from you about "it's better in the Bahamas."

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It looks beautiful! Enjoy!

Deanna

Susie said...

Buttercup, Enjoy your wonderful time there. That in all the beauty ...so you can think about it thru a NYC winter. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Denise said...

I was on the Sky's maiden Miami voyage in Nov. 1999. We spent the trip dodging Hurricane Lenny. Had great views of Cuba and got to Jamaica and Nassau, neither of which were on the original itinerary. I hope you have better luck.

Mevely317 said...

What wonderful memories your pictures evoke!
I hope your excursion is delightful!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Enjoy the trip...hope you'll have lots of warm memories to see you through the winter.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

The Bahamas are lovely. I am sure you will enjoy yourself.

Ida said...

Lucky you! - It's another rainy day here in "Wally World" so that last shot looks mighty inviting.

Sola Scriptura said...

What a lovely place to visit! Have fun.

Theresa said...

Seriously? You forgot to pick me up:) Enjoy each and every moment dear Carol, HUGS!

Kerin said...

Lucky you!! Have a wonderful trip, and soak up some sunshine for me :)

~K.

Ms Sparrow said...

Simply being on a ship called Norwegian Sky sounds wonderful!

Melinda said...

Have a wonderful time!

M : )

Annesphamily said...

So gorgeous! Both photos are beautiful. Take care and enjoy your weekend. Be safe and if it is getting cold be warm too!