Powered by Blogger.

Please Join Me for a Holiday Treat...A Visit to the Pi Bakerie

Blogging is wonderful, but one of the things we can't do is all get together and enjoy treats in person. I'd love to invite everyone over for a cup of coffee or tea and to share some goodies. Alas, that's not possible, so I'm going to have a virtual treat party at Pi Bakerie, in Lower Manhattan, and you're all invited. During my weekend with Lonni we discovered this wonderful bakery/restaurant and shared a great afternoon. I will definitely return soon. The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed, the prices were reasonable and the food was completely delicious. Completely!

The decorations were simple, but festive.
 
 
Yes, in an effort to fit into my clothes after Christmas, I skipped the cookies. But each one looked more delicious than the next. The Greek specialties looked especially enticing.
 
 I'm getting hungry just looking at these goodies.
 
I had a bowl of Greek yogurt, and what yogurt it was. There were sour cherries and pieces of baklava. It transcended any yogurt I've ever eaten.
 
The Christmas delicacies would make a wonderful gift. I'm a gingerbread fan, so I'm not sure how I left without sampling.
 
Chocolate and gingerbread and adorable!
 
I'm having a cup of coffee and a cookie (or two) at my next visit. Which treat would you choose for our sweet blogging get-together? Though for our virtual get-together I'm choosing a chocolate gingerbread house.
 
I hope you're having lots of sweet treats and sweet get-togethers. The weather here is almost tropical for December. I'm enjoying not having to bundle up, but in reality it's a little odd. I can't figure out how to dress for Christmas Eve, when the prediction is seventy. 
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care! 


6 comments

From the Kitchen said...

I'd have one of those chocolate gingerbread cookies and coffee. Thanks for the invitation!!

Best,
Bonnie

Marie Rayner said...

Carol, what a fabulous looking bakery! Oh, that greek yogurt is calling my name. I love Baklava and that looks fantastic! Happy Christmas! xoxo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

it would be hard not to want to try one of everything. Your yogurt looks and sound wonderful!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That yogurt looks amazing!

One of my favorite things when we would shopin NYC for our store, was having a treat at Speedy's on the corner of 5th Ave, and 32nd St. I always had a mini eclair!

I love your sharing the city with us!

Deanna

Mevely317 said...

I, too, am a gingerbread fan ... but those cookies that look a bit like fried won-tons are sure intriguing!

Paula said...

I would opt for a bowl of that Greek yogurt. Thank you for inviting me!! Have a very Merry Christmas Carol!!