Powered by Blogger.

Monkey Monday...Please Meet Jedi Apprentice Pepe


It all started with the sardine ice cream incident this summer. Pepe and his best buddy, O, a small flightless bird -- full name withheld for potential copyright issues -- decided to make sardine ice cream. O loves anything with fish and they thought they had a great new food invention. I only discovered this when I got a call from the supermarket manager telling me that Pepe and O were putting sardines in ice cream. The manager was irate, but I talked him out of law enforcement involvement and brought my little marketing mavens home. Though it was O's idea, due to his semi-opposable thumbs, Pepe was equally responsible.

O was traumatized by the experience, and promised never to try anything like that again. Not Pepe. He was energized. I noticed a number of on-line ventures he was investigating. I called military schools, but none would accept a monkee, not even Pepe. Then I saw "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." I had my answer.

Not Darth Vader!
 
Pepe began Jedi training this morning. He is studying in an online program on Youtube. He said he enjoyed his first class, but he may simply be captivated by his Jedi light sabre. I am optimistic that Pepe will be achieve Jedi success and cut down his hijinks. Of course he's a monkey and he can't help monkeying around.  I'm hoping that Han Solo will come and meet the newest Jedi. That would give me an exciting 2016.
 
That's the excitement in Buttercupland. From time to time I'll let you know how Pepe's training is going. Otherwise it's back to normal -- or what passes for normal -- around here. I went to the dentist, the post office and got myself back to the gym. 
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and may the Force be with you.    

6 comments

Linda said...

HMMM....I think my George and him are in cahoots...My Curious George has been acting sorta funny...why, just the other day, I caught him sitting in my chair at the dining table--what is it about monkey's (giggles)? I just love Pepe and I hope he does well in Jedi training. Please keep us informed (big smiles).--
Hmm...now, Pepe, listen to me...no more getting in trouble--take it from your adopted western NY auntie...no more trouble (shaking my finger-more grinning and giggling).

Carol--you have made my day...Blessings to you.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It seems every one has gone a little Star Wars crazy ...hope your Jedi continues to give you a few laughs anyway! Sardine ice-cream sounds just terrible !

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Pepe will make a fine Jedi, I'm sure! However, he may use his new powers to do things like levitate sardines onto ice cream again (UGH), or even confuse the grocery store manager ("These are not the monkey and bird you want.")...

Nellie said...

How very cute!

Annesphamily said...

PePe is so cute. I thought of you today. I stopped in K-Mart to buy those two Powerball tickets the kids wanted and I saw a Valentine Monkey and it reminded me of you and your friend Pepe. I may have to convince the hubby to buy him for me for Valentine's day! Carol, you are a smile maker.

Robyn Campbell said...

Pepe has it going on, Carol. :-) Christopher loves this post. He wants you to hug Pepe for him. You had the right answer. ;-)