Powered by Blogger.

Simple Pleasures


We're taking a coffee break this morning from New York City and coffee and subway travel and all things urban. On my travels around New York I've had the enjoyment of reading Simple Pleasures, by Marianne Jantzi, thanks to my friends at the Litfuse Publicity Group. What good company I've had!

Marianne Jantzi is an Amish wife, mother, writer, who lives in Canada and her essays describe the simple pleasures of her life. We follow her days and the seasons of the year. We also follow the cycle of life and I especially enjoyed chapters on birth, death and weddings.  I enjoyed chapters as I sipped my coffee or rode the subway to the East Village, and I was reminded that simple pleasures with people I care about are the best ways to spend my time.

I enjoyed this book very much and happily recommend it. Marianne Jantzi is a good writer and I very much enjoyed learning about her community and getting to know her family. This would make a great Mother's Day gift.

Later today we return to our coffee talk -- thank you, Saturday Night Live -- and enjoy some simple pleasures in New York City.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.  

6 comments

Theresa said...

Sounds like a great read:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

This sounds like a good book. It's helpful to be reminded of the simple things that can give pleasure and contentment.

Pondside said...

Just as I thought 'what a perfect Mother's Day gift' I went on to read your suggestion. Thank you for the tip!

shortybear said...

good review

Annesphamily said...

Sounds like a wonderful read! I am always looking for something good to read and share too. Thank you my friend. xo

TARYTERRE said...

I have enjoyed other Amish books I have read. This one you recommend sounds interesting. It's nice to have a book in hand when you enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.