Powered by Blogger.

The View from my Recliner

Actually, it's a view of my recliner.
 
 
One of the things I've wanted to do for awhile is create a cozy reading nook. As the years have gone by my former cozy reading space, my couch, is not quite as comfy. It's quite low -- something that didn't matter to me when I bought it several decades ago -- but makes getting up more difficult. I've been looking at recliners, the chair of those who are retired, but didn't see anything I especially liked. Most of them were too big for my living room. In the thousand Black Friday and pre-Black Friday emails this chair caught my eye. It was extremely well-priced and the item most criticized in reviews was that it was small. Finally, a chair just my size -- 5' 2" and not getting taller -- for my small space. It arrived last week and I love it. It's comfortable, cozy and I like the way it looks.
 
My scratchy throat turned into a full cough and I spent most of the day looking out from my recliner. One of the things I did was choose a winner for our Maker Media giveaway, Brianna Y. Brianna, wishing you and your family lots of happy music making.

First card of this holiday season.

My other observation from my recliner was my first holiday card of the season, from a favorite author, Marie Force. If you're a fan or romance novels and like them a little spicy, her books are for you. They are a tad spicier than I generally prefer, but they are fun and totally indulgent reading. Thanks, Marie and company for your happy greetings.

I had hoped to be out taking more photographs and enjoying New York City, but I've learned taking care of myself is the best thing I can do when I get a cold/cough. I hope to be back to running around New York later this week and stop by some of my favorite places decorated for the season.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.
 


12 comments

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love your recliner, Carol! It looks very comfortable and is a perfect reading chair.
I had a scratchy throat after Thanksgiving and have been taking extra vitamin C and drinking lots of hot tea with lemon and honey to combat it. I'm feeling better and I hope you feel better soon!

Mevely317 said...

I think creating a 'happy place' for oneself is the BEST gift ... so glad you discovered yours!

Please take good care of yourself. Strangely enough, the only thing I discovered to quell the 'bark' was regularly sipping warm tap water. (Ugh, right?!)

Melinda said...

So sorry t hear that you are not feeling well, feel better soon!
Your chair looks like the perfect one to feel better in.

Take care.

M : )

TARYTERRE said...

I love the recliner. it's perfect for that alcove. Take lots of vitamin C and hopefully your cough and cold will go away.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I love your chair. It is a recliner, but does not look like one. I wish you, Carol, many happy hours relaxing and reading in comfort.

Theresa said...

I love your cozy nook:) Perfect place to sit and read as you take care of your sweet self! Sending HUGS and healing PRAYERS your way!

Linda said...

Please forgive me, I have fallen behind In blog hopping, smiles. I love the reading nook and love the chair. I have become all to familiar with our chair, sigh...recovering from surgery has not been easy. smiles

I hope you have a beautiful restful day and get to feeling better.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love your nook! I envy all the bookshelves. They are something I'm looking for. I've discovered a place where they would work and it's not far from my favorite chair.

Chatty Crone said...

I love that chair - I have a 'small' one too!

Lynda said...

I love your chair. We have friends who have a couple like that - - but they are tall people so you know their chairs are not as short as yours! My recliner is one of my favorite friends!

And I am sure you are taking care of yourself but if the cough doesn't quit, get on to the doctor so you don't get bronchitis. It is definitely the time of year for the cold virus season.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Great chair, Carol. I understand the short gal issue! I'm 5'1"!

Rest, and I hope you're better soon!

Marie Rayner said...

Love your cosy little reading nook Carol and I hope you feel better soon. You and I are about the same height. I struggle to find a chair I can rest my back against and still have my feet on the floor! xoxo