Powered by Blogger.

It's Time for the Buttercupland Fair

When I started blogging in 2009 I quickly discovered that my newly found blog buddies were wildly talented. In addition to writers there were candle makers, jewelry makers and soap makers. There were artists and authors of books. If I took a poll I'm sure I'd find expertise far beyond this list.

I'm a big fan of local. My favorite coffee place has just a few spots and they're in Manhattan. My favorite apples come from orchards in New York state and I've found some of my favorite gifts come from my friends in Buttercupland. In order to showcase "local" shopping ideas I enjoy featuring the talented citizens that I've met in Blogland.

 
We're changing the Fair just a bit and dropping by what may be the cutest store on the Eastern seaboard, Pebbles and Lace in Strasburg, Pa. It's run by three generations of talented and charming women, including my dear blogger buddy,  Becky at Hospitality Lane. I've written about Becky's fabulous soy candles in the past -- a link is included in her blog page -- but since she, her mother and daughter opened Pebbles and Lace in 2017 I'm featuring her store this year. Alas, I haven't had a chance to visit, but I've followed the Facebook page from the first day of business. It's lucky for my pocketbook that I'm not closer, but I would love to be able to visit and to shop there. It's a wonderful mix of the whimsical and the practical and I adore just about everything in the store. 
 
 Could the Pebbles and Lace Christmas array be any cuter!
 
 
I'm also featuring one of my favorite books, A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts, which includes writing by my talented blog buddy, Terra of Terra Garden. This is a wonderful book to give to a friend or give to yourself. In a season when the world seems to be spinning too fast with too much to do, this book is a great guide to how to find calm and joy in this time of year.

I hope you've enjoyed your visit to the Buttercupland Fair. We'll be back again for more gifts to give and to keep by talented citizens of Buttercupland.

Today was chilly, but bright, and I zipped around doing errands. We may get a little snow tomorrow and I hope it's just enough to be pretty and festive, but not slippery.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care!






  
 


 
 


8 comments

Linda said...

Oh what a fun place!!! I hear, Buffalo got slammed with snow, not here, yet... We're only 80 miles from Buffalo. Anyways, great post, my friend.

Janet said...

What a cool idea Carol. Thanks for sharing!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes there are a lot of talented people in bloggerville for sure, but you know a lot more of them than I seem to do and appreciated knowing about these talented people. Thanks always for sharing !

Marie Rayner said...

I have always been so amazed by all the talent there is in Blogland Carol! I have one of Terra's books and I love it. I have never used soy candles and wonder what the difference is between those and regular candles? We have gotten snow here in the NorthWest today and we are enjoying it. It will be gone by Christmas, but what the hey, at least we got some! Thanks for all that you share! xoxo

TARYTERRE said...

i like your idea of a fair. thanks for sharing.

Chatty Crone said...

You have a lot of good ideas for posts! Hey we got five inches of snow ourselves today - that never happens here.

Stephanie said...

Oh, what a delightful post, dear Carol. I hope you are well and enjoying your week. Love and hugs!

Terra said...

Oh Carol, you are such a sweetheart with your kind words about my book. Thanks for including it in your list, it is an honor to be there with your other discoveries.