Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes Walking in a Winter Wonderland


Broadway and West 73rd Street, Manhattan
 
 I was walking along Broadway after study group this afternoon with my friend, Nora. It was twilight and I looked to the right and saw this tiny park brightly lit and glowing. I asked if we could stop for a minute so I could take a picture. She replied yes, and added "I expect I'll see this in your blog." I told her I hadn't thought of using it, but since she asked for it, I would. As I continued home, I thought, "Why not?" I've been focused on capturing the iconic Christmas scenes in New York and was overlooking the beauty close at hand. So, tonight we take a Pink Saturday in my New York neighborhood.    


When I got home tonight it had gone from twilight to evening and the snow covered the street divider on Broadway. It set off the white lights that decorate the trees and made for a very local winter wonderland.
 

I took this picture on Friday at West 86th Street and Broadway, just a few blocks from the photograph above. I've probably walked by this store a dozen times in the last few weeks, but didn't notice the goodies in the window. But as I waited for the traffic light to change the t-shirt in the center caught my eye, "I'm only a morning person on December 25th." It's definitely true for me. Is this the case for my friends in Buttercupland?

"But the prettiest sight you'll see is the holly that will be
On your own front door."

When I started to write this post this phrase from "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" kept going through my mind. So I close this post with a photograph of holly from the grocery a few blocks from my house. It's not quite my own front door, but it's in a corner of my heart and world.

Tomorrow we return to the iconic sights of New York City with perhaps the most iconic. Any guesses?

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a weekend filled with blessings at your own front door.
 

5 comments

TARYTERRE said...

Definitely loved the photos. the holly puts me in a festive mood.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the city streets during the holidays. I'm watching the morning news and the weather man is in Central Park...beautiful! Hugs!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What beautiful pictures ! The snow seems to add a touch of sparkle everywhere it goes !

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

New York, and its lights, is never most beautiful then in the early evening with snow falling. I loved each and every one of these pictures.

Chatty Crone said...

New York, New York!! Love it - love the lights. The first photo the snow almost looked pink!