Powered by Blogger.

It's All Over -- Except for the Memories and the Jet Lag

A Panorama View of Sydney Harbor
 
 
After months of planning and expectation, as well as a measure of anxiety, I have returned home from Australia. The trip and the sights far exceeded my expectations. The group K and I traveled with were terrific -- punctual, easy going and enthusiastic. Australia was beautiful and despite scorching temperatures in the Outback, the weather was ideal for travel. I brought back wonderful memories and many photographs I hope to share in the future.
 
My iPad blogger app was decidedly uncooperative, which explains the lack of posts and the brevity of the entries that I was able to post. I would post a photograph and start to write copy and the app would close, again and again. By the last week of the trip my frustration overcame my resolve. I plan to do a number of posts in February to share the trip, so all is not lost. My only problem is choosing the photographs I want to share. 
 
For the last two days I have been on Sydney time -- waking at 2:00 a.m. after a nap in the afternoon. Miraculously I have stayed awake all day today and accomplished a lot of what I hoped to get done. I still have a long to-do list and I'm optimistic that I can make good head way on it. Biggest chore for tomorrow is definitely laundry, another souvenir of every trip.
 
I appreciate the comments and good wishes on the posts I did during the trip. In the next few days I will choose the winner of the Blogaversary giveaway. February is going to be a fun month. Valentines, Australia, books and an update on No Spend January. Please stop by often.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.
 

12 comments

Joy Nissen said...

Can't wait to share in your adventure!

Unknown said...

Can't wait!

Little Wandering Wren said...

So glad you are home safely after a wonderful trip come back and see us again Down Under soon - or try Asia and Bangkok!
Wren x

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you are home and had a wonderful trip. It would be hard to settle in after all that.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you had such a fabulous trip. What a beautiful scene! hugs

Susie said...

Carol, That big pile of laundry from vacation. So happy you had a wonderful traveling group. Make sit so much easier. Blessings for a good week ahead. xoxo, Susie

Mevely317 said...

I think I'm still in awe! :) Perhaps my biggest smile came from seeing the pix of you holding that adorable Koala. How fortunate your travel companions were punctual. That's one my largest pet peeves. WELCOME HOME!

Jane Housewright said...

We all look forward to your Australia posts. You are so fortunate to be able to be a modern day explorer!

Paula said...

My husband and I went to Australia in 2000 and it was the trip of a lifetime.

TARYTERRE said...

glad you had a wonderful trip and are now back safely. enjoyed all the beautiful pictures you beamed our way here and on facebook.

Jim said...

Beautiful shot of Campbells Cove.

baili said...

Panorama view is CAPTIVATING my friend!

this is great that you enjoyed you trip to Australia and now got back safely .I know this well that returning from every trip bring forth huge pile of laundry lol but best part that you brought so many beautiful memories from this trip which will keep you refreshing through all chores of course .hope to see your phtos from trip soon
i am sorry that your ipad blogger app did not do well during the trip
take care my friend!